Friday 5 September 2014

I NEED A FRIEND


I love my life
I love nature, love my family
I do everything with such joy and delight
I love to smile
Once again, I love my life
I have a lot of friends
Scratch that, I have a friend
Not particularly a friend but I see her as one
MY MUM!
I need a friend
Someone I talk to, laugh and play with
Only that part of my life had a bit of blemish
However, I still loved it
My mum knew of this situation
She always encouraged me to reach out to others
Make friends, have better and intimate relationships
She felt that my scale of success
Was dependent on my network of friends
I knew she was right
The next day was the beginning of another school week
I had to make this happen
I could not wait for this day
And when it came …
I set out early, happy, and ready
Ready for a new experience
Probably a life-changing one
I was at school by 7am
This was rather quite early
Only few teachers had arrived
So I waited, waited for someone
Someone I could talk to
Someone to connect with
Few minutes later, I saw a boy walking swiftly
The time had come to make friends
Judging from his looks, he was about my age
I approached him quite scared
“Hi, my name is Dave and you are” I said
“Timothy” he said as he continued to walk by
He was obviously rushing to finish up his homework
I would definitely meet other friends, I thought to myself
However, I was wrong, that was probably the nicest response
Moments later, a girl came up
Introducing myself like I did earlier
“How can I help you?” she replied
With a smile on my face, I responded
“I just want to be your friend.”
As if I was a jungle monster
She ran away as fast as her legs could possibly carry her
She kept on running even after she had climbed the stairs
A boy who I had always seen around school came
He was slightly taller than I was
And he really looked like a nerd
Full hair, glasses, he just looked like them
“Eureka!” I said to myself
With so much joy, I introduced myself like I had done earlier
Told him of my intention to be his friend
He stared at me for a few seconds
Then he began to laugh, he really laughed so hard
Expecting an instant YES
Well nothing close to that
After he was done laughing, he answered
“Your friend, you do not deserve a friend and
No one would ever want to be your friend
So do not bother trying.”
He left and continued to laugh
That was it I give up
I went to the school hall and sat at a corner
Looking at the wall clock, it was 7:45 am
45 minutes of trying and failing
It was this time that most people resumed
As I could hear people talking and laughing as they entered
At that very moment, I began to cry, cry uncontrollably
What can I possibly do?



We all know that humans are social beings and life would be boring if we live a life of solitude. God knew all these that is why he said it is not good for a man to be alone and he decided to send him a companion.
The value of friends cannot be overemphasized, good friends especially. Without doubt, there are still many people out there that have no friends and very few acquaintances. What could be wrong? These people are normal, bright, smart, promising and possess everything anybody could want in a friend. Could it be low self-esteem, fear, what exactly could make them have little or no friends?
Guess they have one problem, blending in
The environment you find yourself in might not be as friendly as you wanted or expected. However, here are some ways to blend in and make friends
1.       Your dressing matters:
The overused saying that the way you are dressed is the way you are addressed is a 120% true. In my own opinion, dressing is a crucial role when making friends. You need not dress gorgeously to attract or make friends. Dressing in a responsible and smart manner is enough to boost your confidence and make it easy to blend in and make friends.
 
2.       Be confident:
To sum up enough courage to walk up to people and attempt to create friendships could be an uphill task. It requires a lot of courage to command the respect you truly deserve. Such confidence would make people want to listen to you, confidence not only in your speech but also in your poise, carriage, gesture. Confidence also goes to the extent of being comfortable when talking to your soon-to- be friend.

3.       Understand them:
A proper fore-knowledge of the people around you could give you a specific edge that will make them want to be your friend. Proffering solutions to their problems instead of putting yourself first would be a good way to speed up the “friend making” process.
Appearance, confidence and understanding are the major factors undermined in making friends and building relationships.
Don’t just dress well but dress smartly, be courageous and show it, a high self-esteem is crucial and not forgetting that a knowledge could help a great deal.








No comments:

Post a Comment